Popular Fall / Winter Home Remodeling Projects
Posted By rendon on November 23rd, 2009 in basement finishing, basement remodeling, bathroom remodeling, full service remodeling company, home remodeling, home renovations, kitchen remodeling, kitchen renovations, northern Virginia, painting No Comments
Fall is finally here and the leaves are falling, it is getting colder, and it’s getting darker earlier. What does this mean (besides having to rake all those leaves off your lawn)? This means that you will be spending more time inside your home. So why not improve your home just the way you would like it. Their are many projects that will make your home more comfortable and enjoyable.
Here are some fall home remodeling projects that will make your home more efficient and appealing:
1) Window / Door Replacement – This is a great way to improve the look of your home while increasing the energy efficiency of your house. New windows and doors can greatly save you money on energy bills, reduce noise, reduce cold drafts, keep the warm air inside your home in the winter, and make your home more appealing. Now is a great time to take advantage of the Energy Tax Credits (Up to $1,500) which is extended through 2010.
2) Interior Painting Projects – The color of the walls inside your home can greatly affect how you feel. If you are going to be inside more, why not brighten up your walls with a fresh paint job. This is a cost effective way to change and improve the look of your house. Adding a touch of color will make your home feel more warming and make you forget about the winter blues.
3) Kitchen Remodel -If you dread your kitchen and everything seems to be in the wrong place, it may be a great time to upgrade or even redesign your kitchen to cater to your style and needs. You can add more space and improve the functionality of your kitchen.
4) Bathroom Remodeling – The bathroom seems to be a great place to relax and reduce stress. If you are feeling stressed in you current bathroom, maybe it is time for a remodel. You can do so many things to your bathroom to make it a soothing and calming environment. How about adding a Jacuzzi tub to relax in after a long week? Or even enlarging your shower and adding a bench, and maybe even some body sprays. Sounds fun, don’t you think?
5) Basement Remodeling – How about adding some extra space to your home by finishing the basement. Now that it gets dark so early and it’s too cold for the kids to play outside, a finished basement is a great place for the kids to play (and maybe not bother you while you are trying to relax upstairs). A basement can also be a great place for entertaining. What about a nice wet bar, or even a home theater room. A basement gives you so many options and it can be a great place for you and your family.
The point that I am trying to get across, is that you should enjoy your home! Especially during the winter when you are indoors all the time. Winter sneaks up fast, but if you think about these projects before it gets here, you may be able to customize your home and make it more enjoyable for you and your family.
If you would like to enjoy your home during the winter and would like to meet with a Home Remodeling Professional on how to make this possible, please fill out this Contact Form.
Rendon Remodeling & Design, LLC